Sunday, December 03, 2006

M is for Mullet!


I have to tell you that I have struggled to find just the right concept for a few of these pieces. Not this time! I have known that M was for mullet for weeks. I mean, it's the mullet, for crying out loud! The hair style to end all hair styles! I did extensive internet research to find just the right mullet for this painting. The mullet, also known as "hockey hair" and "professional wrestler hair," comes in many varieties. There are rat tail mullets, shaved top mullets, mohawk mullets and many, many other variations. But they all have one thing in common: they are short on top and long in the back. What is it about this amazing hairstyle that makes people in certain segments of our society continue to keep it alive? God only knows. I just know I had to commemorate it with this painting.

If you are sporting a mullet of your own, and you get the impression that I am ridiculing you and those of your ilk for your hair style, let me just say...what were you thinking? Get a haircut!

No comments: